Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Multi box small update

Wow did that last one wander into the ditch.  Ah well.  Not much time to play lately.  I've been stuck at work late every night.  Hopefully this project finishes up tomorrow morning. 

In any event.  I had the 4 girls out the other day, and got my son to get on a pally to tank deadmines for me.  I learned some things.  Particularly, I need to change the spec on one of the girls to resto.  Then, I need to tweak my macro's so that I can either be full-on DPS, or 3 dps plus healing.  I need to decide how to do the heal targeting.  I have a couple options: 

First, there is focus.  Upside is that it is very simple to set up.  Downside is that I pretty much have to decide at the start of the run who the one person is that will receive the heals. 

The other option is to work the script / macro system.  Currently, I have 3 copies of WoW running on 1 computer, and a 4th on my laptop.  Depending on which client has mouse focus, all the others assist that one before casting.  I could do something where the client on the laptop throws the heal at whichever window has mouse focus on the main computer.  This makes tank healing impossible, but add flexibility when I run alone.

I guess we will just have to see which one works out best.  I may try to implement both.  Focus-healing won't require one of the 20 precious 'high-function' script slots that I have.

What makes them high-function?  I will post the macro here, and get into how it works later. 

/assist [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt]Hàtshepsut;[mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift]Hâtshepsut;[mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl]Hãtshepsut
/cast [harm]Lightning Bolt

On the other end, my key repeater (HotKeyNet) detects which window my mouse is in, and adds the key modifiers based on that.

Next time, I will dissect the macros and discuss a problem I am having with /castsequence

No comments:

Post a Comment