I have been playing the baby priest, when I get a chance to play at all, and she is level 18 now. At first, I got a string of 6 RFC runs in a row, which was all good. But then, it started throwing me into WC.
The first time through was so bad, I was laughing all the way. The epitome of the run was when the hunter ran ahead of everyone. The rest of the group started following, suddenly, she comes around a corner running back towards us. "oops" as she runs past, followed by 8 alligators, 2 weird lookin' things, and a druid. All but the tank died, b/c I was laughing too hard to heal anyone else. Sadly, she and the mage dropped right after that. I honestly would have stuck with that one till all my gear was at 0, just b/c it was funny.
The next time through, though, was more train-wreck, less laughing. Bear tank that would run into a pack of mobs, and only hit one of them. DPS that unloaded on a different one, leaving 1 or 2 to come eat my face as soon as I threw out a lesser heal. Ah, well. I can't tell if the problem is people so used to running their herd of 80's through heroics by brute force, or total newbs that refuse to be taught anything.
I don't remember where I read it, but I agree with the sentiment that Wrath heroics are making us less skilled as players. When is the last time anyone used CC? Have you EVER seen kill order marked in a heroic? once? Maybe? The spats between healers, tanks, and DPS (myself included in that one) are a result of all of us expecting everything to be on EZ-Mode. When things get challenging, it must be someone else's fault, because I haven't failed at anything for so long....
In other news, I really do want to dust off the warlock, and run him around again. I *reallly* need to finish the push to 80 with him, too. I just know deep down in my heart of hearts that I am not a very good DPS player, and healing is so much easier.
And finally, for those that care, My story development has been progressing. I had an urge to write again, so I figured I would jott out a couple paragraphs of introductory stuff for a new character. She has, however, taken on some sort of weird life of her own, and I am currently doing a second chapter on her, which may get so long I have to split it into a third. I don't mind that kind of trouble tho!
LaterZ!

There are very few old world dungeons that I like. WC is not one of them. In my achievement push way back when I dinged 80 I went back and did all of them.
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say that WC is just absurd in its mazey-ness. It took me 40 minutes the first time to clear *at 80* and I have no desire to go back in there. I dont mind a bit of a maze or puzzle, but when you are running around in circles for 40 minutes wondering where the last dammed mob is, its just not fun. I cant even imagine it at lvl.