Thursday, December 17, 2009

Recovering From Epic Failure

I actually succeeded healing Halls of Stone where you protect Brann Bronzebeard from the 'evil death beam of fiery death that makes everyone dead' without wiping EVEN ONCE! A hunter died, but he was quickly B-Rezzed back into service. My wife was amused at me doing the 'happy dance' at my computer after that one.

It only makes sense, I suppose, if you are aware of how completely and totally epically I failed that fight last time I was there. It was embarrassing. I was filled with shame. After we wiped three times, I vote-kicked myself from the group. I offered an apology to the puggers that I was simply incapable of performing the healing task as required, and would free up the slot for someone more capable. Then I dropped group, corpse-ran, and teleported back to Dalaran to pout until an overgeared guildie took me on a pity run through a randomly selected H-UK (My favorite, btw) as a morale boost. (Thanks, Firespirit!). I honestly suspect he could have gotten through without needing a healer at all, but it's the thought that counts.

And now, well, ol' Brann is probably still pouting somewhere that he didn't get the info he was looking for, but at least he is alive to complain and drink beer about it!

Yay team druid!

No comments:

Post a Comment