Let me start this post by saying that this is not the obligatory "My casting rotation / priority is more uber than anyone else" style of post. Instead, I am going to write what I use, and I hope that someone out there will chime in and give suggestions, critiques, "wtfnoob!", whatever.
Wild growth. I use wild growth more than any other spell. I keep WG up on the tank as close to 100% as I can. WG gives a good, solid HoT to the tank, and anyone that happens to be standing close to the tank, which usually includes a couple DPS. If need be, I can scoot in a bit, and get the heals on myself too. It has a reasonable cooldown (6 seconds) heals for 7 seconds, and does a respectable job of healing.
So, every 7 seconds, pop WG on the tank. What's next? Rejuvenation. Depending on the fight. I usually pop Rejuv on the tank right after Wild Growth. Even if it isn't strictly needed, having Rejuv on the tank will give me bigger heals from Nourish and allows me to Swiftmend if I find myself needing either of those. Ranged DPS also get a preventative Rejuv on them, just in case. Rejuv has a 15 second duration, so it will roll for a while. I am glyphed for Rejuv, so low health targets get a bit of a boost when they need it most.
That's it for trash fights. If the tank starts losing health, I can pop a lifebloom, since it is instant. Anyone that starts getting low gets a Nourish. Nourish has a bit of a cast time, but does a pretty good dump of health. I have been known to get into a situation where I am spamming nourish to keep the tank alive, but that usually means bad things are happening, and my mana is plummeting fast. Usually it is to recover from something big and spikey, so that I can get back into my WG, Rejuv, 'do nothing as my mana regens' cycle.
For boss fights, I am a bit more cautious. As the tank is running in, I throw a Rejuv. By dropping it before he engages, I don't get any aggro from it. Once the tank has thrown their respective AoE (holy aggro juice, big red bubble circle, or Swipe), I drop WG on the tank, and strt Rejuving the rest of the party. By the time I get around the rest of the party, WG is ready to recast. Drop a lifebloom on the tank, and it is mostly just maintenance from there. WG is #1 priority. Rejuv next, on everyone. Nourish as damage starts sinking in. I have a macro that ties Nature's swiftness with healing touch as my single target emergency heal, and of course, Tranquility if the whole thing is going to hell.
I know there are some that would promote nourish spam haeling over WG/Rejuv. Although I can see how that would be a valid method of healing, I think it is against the spirit of the Druid healer. We are a HoT class. It's what we do. Using this method, my mana bar never leaves the 90% bracket during trash, and even on a boss fight, if I am under 50%, you know I have blown Tranq and Healing touch, because it has gone pear-shaped pretty badly.
So, feedback? Comments? Questions? Ridicule and mockery? How do the other classes do it? Let me know!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment